Somewhere in the moving industry is the right type of mover for your specific needs and you owe it to yourself to compare the various modes of moving and related aspects and costs. No matter how large or small your move is, some movers will take care of every phase while others only carry out specific phases. Simply start by deciding what level of assistance you require to suit your time frame, your own / combined ability, moving distance and of course cost.
A FULL SERVICE REMOVALIST, being the most inclusive moving option available, takes care of every aspect of your move – from providing packaging materials, personnel to pack your goods, loading the truck, transporting the goods (with your insurance cover or his) and unloading into your home at your final destination. This type of service, usually offered by professional and licensed removalist companies, is priced at the top of the range but relieves your time, effort and stress throughout the move. Eureka can refer you to removalists with whom our clients have been happy. Always ensure your goods are listed and photograph existing damage or marks. For smaller moves you may even wish to employ just the labour of an experienced removalist to assist with loading and securing goods on the vehicle and unloading your goods at the storage facility or destination. Consider your own available time and also your fitness capabilities.
A DO-IT-YOURSELF MOVE involves greater input from you to handle every aspect of your move – planning, organising storage, packing, loading, transporting the goods (usually in a hired vehicle), planning your route (in case the hire truck is high and there are low overhead bridges on the way), unloading your goods into storage or into the rooms at your new destination, returning the hire vehicle and then unpacking your chattels. This mode certainly does save money …… Having family and friends willing and able to help you on moving day eases the strain on the pocket and yourself physically.
Do-it-yourself moves may be done several ways, e.g.:-
- Hire a ute & driver for a very small move.
- Hire removalist labour only & you organise the rest.
- Hire a suitably sized truck & ask family and friends to help. Local car, ute & truck rental C Car Rentals Deception Bay – Ph: 3208 1888 www.ccarrentals.com.au
- For short distance or weekday after work moves, use the Eureka Courtesy Trailer.
- Trailer – fully enclosed and so easy to use as the back door drops down to become a ramp and a hand trolley is provided – simply book! Use our trailer for a few hours before or after work and do your move in stages – that way it’s not as taxing on you!
- Eureka can also refer you to a mobile storage company whereby modules are delivered to your door, yourself or a recommended removalist load the module/s and the module/s are collected and transported to storage or your new destination. This would be the most the most cost effective and time effective do it yourself method.
Eureka can refer you to removalists with whom our clients have been happy. Always ensure your goods are listed and photograph existing damage or marks.For smaller moves you may even wish to employ just the labour of an experienced removalist to assist with loading and securing goods on the vehicle and unloading your goods at the storage facility or destination. Consider your time and fitness capabilities.